Tuesday 8 January 2013

Dream a New Dream - Nov Swirlydoos

Hi There,

Well here is my latest offering of scrapbook experimenting, using the somewhat old November 2012 Swirlydoos Kit - Nouveau and some more of the Gorgeous photographs from the wedding in September. 


Now although this page is all done and finished using such a gorgeous kit and beautiful paper, I really just don't feel the love for this one. Don't know why but it just isn't doing it for me. 
Maybe its because this was the first time I played around with the texture paste, and to be honest i'm not too thrilled to bits with the outcome as yet. I think like Gesso, Texture pasting is going to be a hard learned skill which is going to involve plenty of practice.... In saying that i've just been out and found myself an art journal which i'm hoping to start gooing, glooping and misting up to see just how much of a gooey mess i can create. 

Switching back to Layout. The above paper is from the Gorgeous Kaisercraft Periwinkle Collection and is embellished with a chipboard design by Dusty Attic. The pink stick pin is one which i received way back in 2010, and was made by someone who you all may be familiar with, Mandy Harrell or otherwise known as Crafty Sprinkles. Mandy now designs for Dusty Attic amongst other clubs but honestly her Pins were legendary! Now the texture paste was applied through the Prima brick wall  mask and as i have said i'm not that impressed with my results, i guess it will just take a bit of playing around to try and get the results i'm after. 

If you have and questions or comments please feel free to leave em at the bottom of the post, I could sure do with some texture paste hints and tips!!!

 Take Care Now 


Tammy

1 comment:

  1. Oh gosh Tammy, the way you framed that photo is just exquisite!! Love, love, love. I just started doing an art journal to try out new techniques and I am really liking it. It's a no stress way of trying something and it's great for referring back to. I think you're being too hard on yourself though. Those bricks are awesome!

    ReplyDelete