Saturday 31 March 2012

Creative Chemistry 101 Day 5


Hey Guys!!

Well sorry for being a bit slow on the blogging, the whole broken bones thing has really slowed me up a bit!!! In fact it slowed me up so much i couldn't do much of the initial tim holtz course until around Day 5 when i managed to snag a victim ( i mean volunteer, lol) to help out a bit with holding things etc. I tell you ink really is designed for making a mess of both hands not just one!

So without further adieu here are my attempt at Day 5 - Spray Inks and Stains.. Now boy was this element fun!! I don't think Dad (my victim errr i mean volunteer) quite understands my love for all things inky but he sure was thrown in at the deep end!!

     


Now the Stamping with stains technique No 2 above actually looks much better up close. I chose a damask stamp which was then inked with picket fence for the resist part. I have tried to capture a better view of the outcome in the next photo.


In this picture you can see the beautiful pattern the picket fence has made in the background. 

Now i really struggled with the marbled stain technique trying to get anything that didn't look all mucky and brown. My first hint maybe try not to use walnut, or vintage photo in the initial staining unless that really is the look you are after (ie See Below)

Marbled stains technique first attempt.

So i retried this a couple of times until i was happy with the colour outcome.  
So a big thanks to Dad for all his help, i couldn't have done these one handed without him. And all i can say is roll on Day 6!!!



Thanks for stopping by 

Tammy




1 comment:

  1. Love the Hummingbird card! Great Colors...nice composition!!

    ReplyDelete